Friday, February 24, 2012

I had a hamster in November 2010, and i am now in January getting a new hamster but can I keep it in the same cage as my previous one who died in the cage. I think if I clean it and disinfect it, it would be ok, anyone have any idea?|||If you remove all traces of the last hamster, the only thing that could happen is that your old one will haunt it.|||Yes this is fine, I did this with my hamster too. He was fine and is happy with his cage. The only problem would be if your new hamster could smell your old hamster, it might get aggressive. But I have not had this problem and you have disinfected your old cage so this will not be a problem for you. Hope this helps! :)|||it's fine. Hamsters die all the time, and even if it were disease, it has been so long it wouldn't matter.|||It's absolutely fine. Most diseases outside the host live only 3 months anyway, but if your hamster had something bad, you can get high powered veterinary disinfectants. If it was just old age, it's perfectly fine. Boiling water and a good scrub will kill 99% of regular germs. Better not to use bleach though, in case there is any left on and the hamster licks it off, you can get pet-safe disinfectants.|||Short answer: Yes. If your previous hamster died from something contagious like wet tail, make sure you use something strong. I've used rubbing alcohol on mine after cleaning it thoroughly. Also, if there are wires or anything, make sure there's no loose paint from where your other hamster was chewing. I usually switch out the water bottle and food dish just to be sure, but that's personal preference.|||I would have to say that it depends on how the hamster died. If it was from old age, then you would be ok to use the old cage cleaned out.
If it was something else, like a disease of any sort, change things, cage, sawdust, food ect. (not saying you would use the sawdust your old hamster died in, I mean the brand, or type of substrate)

Currently, I have an old cage that was home to 7 rats (before I bought the cage for my 4 rats) and it's served me well.
That proves you can use old cages for new pets, as long as they are suitable.

V3|||If you clean it and all, it should be fine. The only thing left of the old hamster would be memories.|||Of course you can. My brother's hamster died and we got a new one. You can give it the same toys as the old one as well.|||As long as or didn't completely rot, and even so you've cleaned it. Should be fine|||yes that is how i did it.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment