Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm 13 and I'm a level 2 piano student. I started my lessons in early November and on my last session my piano teacher decided that I could go on to Level 3 and gave me the book. Is this good? I mean, how long does it normally take? What's the shortest possible time? Because I think of myself as okay, but people tell me I'm better than I think I am?

(This question was in the Art and Humanities section by mistake.)|||Usually in systems where you have books like this, the earlier levels are about learning how to read music and do some rudimentary technique, which doesn't always translate to being a "good" pianist.

As an older student, it's understandable that you would learn to read music more quickly than someone who was in kindergarten. But really, no-one can tell you how good your musicianship is without hearing you play, and that's the real test of how good you are.|||That would depend on the book in question, but it sounds like you're progressing just fine. Keep up the good work!|||Some people are faster at getting to various levels than others, I would be hesitant to give out a "Normal" Time for advancing to a new level, because people do it after widely different amounts of time.

If your advancement is the best you believe it can be for you, and you have been putting in the effort and time, then it is a job well done.

Good luck in your future endeavors!|||It depends on what book you are using. For your age you are considered faster than average i would say. Kids may take as long as one year to complete a book, i don't think you are slow. But completing a book doesn't mean anything, you must be able to play the pieces well. Technique+ with feelings.|||You're 13, you finished a book for piano in 3 months. If your teacher is willing to take you to the 3rd level, because you are proficient in piano, then that's awesome. You're good at it. Keep it going. Just don't rush to be a pro, that takes time. Keep practicing. The shortest time possible can be less than a month. But depending what book is and if you are a genius.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment