Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm a sophomore in high school. This is going to be my 4th year playing lacrosse. I played 3 and a half years of defense but in the middle of last season I became a goalie. I wear the padded shorts under my sweatpants because i think it helps me not be scared of the ball. Does wearing these shorts make me look like a wimp?

thanks. i just dont want to look like a wimp in the cage.|||I would wear them until you get your stick fast enough that you can cover enough when you get shot at. And anyways, you can live with a few bruises|||I use to wear them when I first started for that same reason, getting my mind to think it won't hurt. About midway though my sophomore year I forgot mine at home before a game and was s.o.l. and had to play w/o them. I started nervous at first but once game time kicked it that went away. What I found out was that it didn't hurt like i thought it would and I had more range of motion. With that said it just takes time, maybe once or twice a week you go to practice w/o them to see how that feels to you. With every player (esp every goalie) we all have our little quirks, me was the pants as well as a way I suit up before every game(still stands till today). Here is a quote from a hockey legend

"Forget about style; worry about results."
Bobby Orr

Best of luck and remember, try to make an effort every day to pass along our great sport.|||Im a goalie too and i wear them for the sane reason. It helps me not be afraid of the ball just as the other guy said.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment