Friday, February 3, 2012

I have a 125 gallon and I wanted to know if there is an efficient way to heat it. I don't want a bunch of tube heaters showing to heat one tank. I would only like to use one if there is one strong enough to do it, which I haven't found. Does any one know of one ore a different method? Thanks in advance.|||Get one large submersible heater, suitable 200 gallons or so. at least 5 watts per gallon. lay it horizontal on the rocks, hide the cord with plants or deco. You might want to put the heater in the center of the tank, or right under the filter, so heat is distributed. Check the temperature on both sides and in several other places to be sure it is heated evenly.|||This entirely depends on the reptile/pet you're keeping in this aquarium. Some pets need an under the tank heat pad, but i don't know if they make those for such a big aquarium. Some pets require a special light, but this can be harmful to certain types of lizards and snakes. If this is for a lizard or snake, another method that won't be your entire source of heat but can be part of it is basking rocks/stones, they emit heat for basking and can add several degrees of temperature to your aquarium. They also make heat wire but i don't recommend this.|||Keep the room the tank is in at a stable temperature. To a certain extent the purpose of the heater is to heat the tank but it is also there to prevent quick fluctuations in temperature which are stressful for fish.

You may be able to get away with a single Tetra 300w heater though (personally i just opted for 2 heaters in my 150gal tank).|||My dad bought me a submersable heater for my 56 gal. I stuck the heater far enough into the water tht the rubber part on he end touched the gravel. I have a background on my tank to hide the wires behind it. So i got plants tht match the background. So I put some of the taller ones in front of the heater so you cant see it. I also put the heater in the center of the tank so it gets the entire thing.

Really hope this helps! Happy fish keeping|||Have you considered undergravel heaters?

You would need more than one of the examples shown here but it gives you the idea

http://www.aquatichouse.com/Pumps_files/鈥?/a>

Once the control unit is added in it's a more expensive option, but will solve your issue and can be almost totally invisible.|||I use one 400w heater in my 120G tank-hidden behind some large live plants, and another heater running inline with my canister filter. Keeps the temp nice and stable for the discus, and doesn't leave unsightley tubes and such dangling in the tank.
Hth|||Yes a very strong light!!! But then u get the problem where u will need to keep the tank light on to keep the water temp stable! Wich u shudnt do cuz u shud only keep light on between 8-12 hours! Sorry but i wud say heater tubes! N jusy hide them with live moss or plants?|||Get one of those lizard lights. It lights up a lizard's little cage, I'm sure it can warm up some water...|||Try two 50's and hide them behind a plant as that isn't a terrible amount it could easily be hidden|||Go with a 200w Jager it is sufficient for 100-160g's but I would go for two in case the one goes faulty..........

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment