Monday, February 6, 2012

When you go out to eat at a restaurant, what do you like or dislike about the service you receive? What little things make you unhappy with the service? What little things make you happy? I am a waiter at a local restaurant and am trying to be the best waiter possible.|||Don't ignore anyone at the table. I had a waitress that completely ignored me when I took my family out for my husband's birthday. My hubby and son got thier pop refilled before they needed it, while I never got a refill on my water. I was the one paying the bill. She got 0 tip.
Also, a waitperson who can make the meal seamless. Don't interrupt what may obviously be a meeting. Bring the food and drinks without small talk. Of course, if you need to clarify something about the order, that's different.
I tip the best when I have been made to feel like I mattered, and that I lacked nothing. |||First of all, there is a fine line between being helpful and being too helpful. If you go to a table too much, they will get annoyed. My suggestion is when you give them thier menu, don't forget to greet them, tell them your name, and the specials of the day. Example : "Hi, welcome to Four Corners. I'm Alanna, and I'll be your server today. Would you like to hear the specials?" If they say yes, make sure you have them memorized. Then ask for drinks. When you get back, ask if they would like more time with the menu. Normally, they will say yes, unless they are a regular. You should be able to watch them and be able to tell by thier signals if they are ready. One tell tale sign is when they put the menus down. Get thier order. Keep a watch on thier drink levels, especially if they have coffee. Offer to give them refills as soon as they start to get close to empty. When the food is up, make sure to bring the customers extra napkins, especially when they have children. Also, if they have something like steak, make sure you ask if they need any steak sauce. The less the customer has to ask you for, the better you will be. When they are finished with thier meal, ask if they would like dessert. If they say no, ask if they would like a box. Ask if you can take some of the plates they are done with. That way when you come back with the box, you can give them the check, and tell them that its there whenever they are ready. Make sure not to come off as trying to rush them off. Really, the best tip I can give you is to come in a few minutes before your shift to prepare. That way you can learn the specials and if there is any new desserts or if any is sold out. Its good to see if any food is sold out. Just find your groove, if that makes sense. When you are a server, you get into a groove where you can go super fast and do fifty things at one. Like a Super Server, haha. Hope this helped. |||I absolutely love it when I go to a restaurant and the waiter [or waitress] is really friendly. When they make jokes and give me and my friends very friendly smiles, it just makes my time at the restuarant so much more enjoyable.
Just don't be too pushy about the special of the day. Its annoying =\
And make sure our drinks are always full. Just don't stop by every 2 minutes to check.
And I love it when they make little jokes. When they seem really friendly, it makes me want to come back soon.
Then I leave a bigger tip ;]|||Ever seen Office Space? Don't be that guy.
Be friendly, but not in my face.
And don't be pushing the daily specials, beer, appetizers, or desserts on me.
Keep my water filled, and be available in case I want anything.
Trim yer nails, for God's sake, and be clean, well-shaven, and skip the cologne. Write a little smiley face on my bill and I'll kick yer a@@.
Treat me like you want me as a repeat customer, not as a one-time thing.
Depending on the restaurant, gimme all the freebies you can: when I was a waiter, we could do soft drinks, soups, salads, and bread ourselves and not send it through the system: hook a customer up and that means big tip!!!|||I'm glad that you asked this question to improve your performance. What I like about a waiter/waitress is their politeness and friendliness. The accuracy can always be improved by double checking the order by reading it back. A nice smile when greeting and checking if patrons need something during their meal it's a big plus. Sometimes they just give you the food and you don't see them again until they deliver the check. I don't like that. Of course if its busy I understand but for me that wins them points and a bigger tip ;)|||I just want them to smile and be polite. if they are, then even if the food taste like crap.. you can say the service rocked.

when you are polite.. it leads to other good things.. and one that is attentive.

I hate rude people.. I hate rudeness.. forgetting about your table. I also hate it when you ask a question about the menu or restaurant and they don't know the answer... that one sucks...
|||I like attention..
I like if when I order, say the fish, and the waiter/tress knows it's not exactly the house specialty and they let me know..
When the bring more bread over without me having to ask..
If I order a water and they offer a lemon..
When my drink is running low and they just get me another and bring it over..
When they pop by to ask if we're all set or do we need anything else.. |||A good waiter would try to have you seated in an area you like. They are courteous to you and don't try to force their specials of the day on you. The thing I hate and never fails is chewing on a piece of food and being asked something and nearly choking on the food to give them a reply. |||Keep the beverages coming! Make sure we don't run out of anything. Also, be around when I need you, check and make sure the food is okay then go away. There's nothing worse than an obtrusive waiter/waitress. If I need anything I will ask for it when you refill my drink. |||I find it easier to forgive a few errors if the person is friendly. If I can see someone who is really trying and makes my experience more enjoyable, they are a great addition to the staff! Good luck!|||Courtesy, accuracy, and friendliness. But I don't blame them if they can't pull it off. It's a really tough job, and as long as they do their best, that's just fine.|||Attentive,knowledgeable and friendly --
also knows how to serve correctly.i.e, doesn't cross over
the diner to place a meal or plate on table.|||a good memory

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment