Friday, February 3, 2012

This is a serious question before anyone calls me a rayciss. In fact, I'm trying to make sure I don't come off as a rayciss, that's why I ask this question.

My wife bought a load of chicken and ribs. As a rare treat (and because we're trying to eat more fruit), she also bought several watermelons which happen to be quite tasty!

Normally I would invite all the neighbors but will the menu cause issue with the black neighbors? The last thing I want to do is offend them but unfortunately I've heard too many stories concerning blacks, chicken and watermelon. Now I'm a little hesitant to say the least.

What to do?
|||seriously laughing my freaking a s s off. good one.|||What the heck? Of course you should invite them. That's ridiculous. I don't think chicken and watermelon would offend them at all.|||If everyone else is eating chicken, ribs, and watermelon too, then it won't appear racist for you to invite them.

It would only appear racist if everyone else was eating, say, ham, and you bought chicken and watermelon specifically for your black neighbors.|||I think they'd be more offended if you invited everyone EXCEPT them. I don't think they'd care too much about the food. Chicken and ribs and watermelon aren't foods that just black people eat, most people in general like them (in the United States).|||Should I invite my white neighboors to my cookout. I say it becuase I am Mexican and we love "carne asada" and tacos. |||I would burn a lower case t in their front yard for "time to eat". Black people really respond well to the lower case t burning and they will respect you for making such a thought-full and considerate gesture.|||What you heard is pure stereotyping about black people. They the same as you and me. Human beings!|||INVITE EVERYONE YOU WANT.

That's ridiculous about the food. It will only be an issue if you make it an issue, and if anyone says anything, explain.
Not a problem at all.
The fact that you are considering not inviting them only because of a stereotype of what you think will offend them is a little racist.|||if you would normally invite them over then now should not be different they might take it wrong if you don't have them over|||It might be a different issue if ALL of your neighbors were black. Then it could be seen as a slight against them. Otherwise, don't worry about it, the more the merrier.|||what in the world is wrong with you. if you dont want to be racist then dont think of people any differently because of their skin colour! You should invite them if you would if they where white or mexican. |||Are you crazy? Dude open your mind. If anything you will come off racist if you invite everyone but them. Don't be stupid. Food is food. End off. Who said that only black people are allowed to eat chicken, ribs and watermelon?|||WTF?!?!|||well i'm sure your black neighbors may think something similar about you. I'm sure the reason why they haven't invited you into their home is because they don't allow dumb@$$es there. |||Why not expand the menu a bit, and include some non-stereotyped dishes?|||Invite the over, any other race can like chicken and watermelon. Make potato salad or other races food so it wont stand out. And its racist.|||Put out a plate of crackers and offend everyone~~~LOL.

Political correctness has made us hypersensitive to stuff like this. If they are your friends, invite them over and don't worry about it.|||Of coarse! Don't be mean like that, they are the same in every way! Invite them to that cook out! It is the right thing to do! 鈾?/div>
  • 3 years ago
  • Report Abuse
|||This same question was asked a year ago by IMA4NR. ...down to racist being mispelled. How crude.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment