Friday, February 3, 2012

I have a 9 Week old beagle puppy. I am crate training her and at night I put the crate in my bedroom. I want her to sleep outside though eventually, but I'm not too sure at what age its appropriate.
I don't mind her sleeping in my bedroom at the moment. But I'm worried that if I let her sleep in my room too long she won't transition outside?|||a beagle is a short haired dog and should live inside|||You typically don't want to leave your dogs outside at night, wildlife can get to them and kill them, especially those of beagle size. My personal opinion is you should not leave a dog of any size or any age outside at night but if you still want to do this, first you will need at least a 6 foot tall kennel outside and make sure it's coverable so no wildlife that could potentially kill your dog can get in, and second I wouldn't do it until she is at least six months old, personally if I would do it, I would wait until a year. She'll get used to the outside once you do it no matter what age. Also make sure to get her an outdoor house and bring her in during the winter, beagles have short coats and can't stay outside when it is cold. If it is too hot bring her in or leave tons of water.|||Beagles are scent hounds and will bark at anything and everything if left alone all night outside. Let her be outside as much as possible during the day but bring her in at night. Beagles are pack dogs and need contact with other dogs and family. You will be more popular with your neighbors if you bring the dog in at night. They are short haired anyway and should be brought in.|||I would NEVER have a dog sleep outside! Every dog I've ever owned has been properly potty trained, asks to go out, and the rest of the time is a house dog. They have the run of the house after I've had them 3 weeks (while I'm home) and have special areas where I put them when I'm not home to keep my eye on them. Outside they are vulnerable to wild animals and some domestic. They are vulnerable to dog nappers, insects, and rodents. Their health will fail because of the elements.

My dogs live in my house with me. They are pets and watch dogs, and also some have been hunters. I put them out on a rope several times a day and prevent them from getting too cold in Winter or too hot in Summer. I don't believe in kennels, either. My dogs don't get worms because I keep the yard clean and don't let them run loose where they can get maggots from rotten garbage and dead animals. All my dogs, ranging from Boston Terrier and cock-a-[poo size up to a sheep dog and 125# lab have been excellent house dogs. We go for PLENTY of walks, to the beach, out in the woods, and play in the snow. 2 of my labs liked to go surf boarding with me ( behind a boat type surf board) and floating on an air mattress.

I have PETS--not THINGS to tie on ropes or THINGS to stuff in a smelly kennel and not bother me. They don't get sick, they don't get worms, they don't get hot spots, not ONE of them has ever bitten anyone or done any major damage except some digging.|||I cannot imagine why you would want a Beagle to sleep outside. They are pack dogs. She should be inside with the family at night. She can sleep in a crate or on a cushion. Leaving her outside is asking for a world of behavior problems, barking, howling, digging, chewing . . .|||Wow....I REALLY hope you've got a properly fenced yard and NO neighbours... or at least deaf ones.

Beagles have no qualms with showing their unhappiness and loneliness.
If you think your neighbours wont have a problem with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjec0JWE鈥?/a>
Then by all means, put her outside

Another thing is that if you don't have an adequately fenced yard, a beagle can and WILL find a way out.|||they aren't outside dogs so never.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment